Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Life companions

Why and how do we meet people? Have you ever wondered about this?

Beside the people who are part of your family or those who lived close by the place at which you were born, if you look at the people who make up your circle of friends today, you will find that they were random strangers at some point in your live. But at another point they were so close to you that you breathed what they breathed, lived what they lived and shared with them the most intimate thoughts of yours. At this point, you most probably thought that life could not be lived without them. Yet, this moment will fade; they will sail into the horizon and will mingle with the unknown; a full circle will almost be closed; they will no longer be random strangers, but they will be definitely strangers. And You, sitting on the bank of your river, watching the stream of your life passes by, asking yourself “why did they come to my life and why did they leave it?”

If you are like me, your life took you over many lands, cities, countries, and faces, this cycle must have happened to you many times. Some of the people you will miss terribly for many years, some of them you cry in your dreams because you have got the honor to meet them in your life, and some will be easier to forget, but no matter what the emotion you carry for these people, you still don’t get an answer to the question “why did we meet?”

Richard Bach, another one of my favorite authors, said “people are in your life for a reason, but what you do with them is up to you”. This sentence says a lot but tells us nothing about the particular people in our lives. It does not tell me what I shall do with the people in my life, or how I could cope with the losses I keep enduring, of loved ones whose laughter, at one point in my life was everything I wanted to hear. If I am a sincere person, and I am, I give a piece of my heart to every human who touches my life. That part dies with that person departing from my life, how am I supposed to keep on living if this keeps happening to me? Richard Bach, with all respect to your wisdom, but you are not helping me here.


Continue reading >>

No comments:

Post a Comment