Monday, October 1, 2012

The finger pointed out

In the year 2003 I came across the wonderful book “Sacred Contracts” by Caroline Myss. It was hard to miss that book then if you are into spirituality in any way, because it was on New York Times Bestseller list during that time. Myss took Jung’s archetypes concepts and merged them with astrology and produced a wonderful work that explores the archetypal patterns that are governing your life. It is almost impossible to overestimate the positive effect this book had on my life and the understanding of its meaning, as the work I did with this book then still shed light on the archetypal energy I encounter today.

Through the book, I learned that the Victim archetype is a constant in every human’s repertoire. By mapping the archetypes to different astrological houses, you discover the area of your life that each archetype plays a major role in. For me, the victim was related to the house of Aquarius, which represents my relationship to the world; and according to the book, this is where most of the people find their Victim archetype. Every archetype has a negative and a positive aspect; someone who is acting out of the Victim’s negative aspect (when it is located in Aquarius) will feel that the world is against him, and he would feel victimised by the world and everyone. When anything bad happens to that person, he will be ready to point the finger out blaming someone/something for the misfortune that had befallen him. On the other hand, a person who acts out of the positive aspect of that archetype, will feel empowered and in control. I used to be of the earlier type; I was serious, heavy, and trying to control what I can control of my circumstances because, simply, I did not trust the world to deliver what I want.


Continue reading >>

No comments:

Post a Comment